Have questions about H-E-B or heb.com? Take a look at these frequently asked questions. If you still can't find the answers you need, pleaseor call us toll-free 1-800-432-3113. We're available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
It's easy to create an account. Our three-step process requires personal data like your name, mailing address, email address, and password. Next, you select your favorite H-E-B store. And last you set your preferences.
Request a password reminder. Simply enter your email address, and we'll send it to you.
You can update your password and other account information in your profile settings.
It's possible that you've signed up to receive emails from H-E-B, but you have not created an account on heb.com. If you'd like to create an account, it takes less than a minute. Simply use your email address as your login ID.
Absolutely. Simply update your profile to change your email address and other details. Your login Id will change to match your new email address.
Of course. You can search for stores and select a new favorite store. Your weekly ads will change to match your new favorite store.
You can unsubscribe from emails at any time. Simply uncheck the box next to the email you wish to no longer receive.
1. Click on the Careers link at the bottom of the page.
2. Select the job category you are interested in and click the search link to view available jobs. Then select the job you would like to apply for and click Apply Online.
3. If you already have a login for the H-E-B Careers site, then enter your login information and continue. If you are applying for the first time select Create Login and fill out the required information.
*It is important to include a valid email address to receive communication about your application.
4. After creating your profile, you can search for jobs using keywords or location.
5. Submit your application online.
6. If you want to check on the status of your online application, log back into your H-E-B Careers account.
If you are experiencing problems installing the Coupon Printer there may be a few reasons:
1. You may not have permission to download programs on your computer or you are using software that blocks the installation.
If you are trying to print coupons at work or from a computer at a library, Internet cafe, or university, you may not have permission to download and install programs onto the computer you are using. This may be true even if you’ve downloaded and installed other files. Contact your network administrator for more information. If you have a home computer, you may find it easier to access our coupons there.
You might also be running software that prevents installation on your computer. Please make sure to turn off any anti-virus software or any anti-spyware or adware software. While we have attempted to work with most of the major publishers of such software to ensure that our Coupon Printer is not blocked, there may be programs that block the installation, or put up a warning that you are about to install a program. You should choose to allow the installation.
2. The security settings in your browser are set too high.
If you receive warnings or errors that an attempt to install and ActiveX control (Internet Explorer) or a plugin was blocked, or are asked for permission to install a program, you may need to change your browser’s security settings to allow installation of these types of controls. Also, make sure to click the appropriate buttons in any dialog boxes that appear to allow the installation. Modern browsers make you jump through a few hoops to install plugins, but it’s worth it.
3. Your operating system or browser is incompatible.
Coupon printing is currently supported on Windows Operating Systems Vista, XP, and 2000 when used with Internet Explorer 6+, FireFox 1+, Netscape 8+, and most MSN and AOL browsers.
If you are unable to print when using an MSN, AOL, or Compuserve browser, please try printing your coupon using Internet Explorer 6+. Coupon printing is currently supported on Macintosh OSX 10.3 or higher when used with Safari 2+ and FireFox 2+. Coupon printing is not supported on Linux or WebTV.
You can find a list of available retail centers, in-store lease space and tenant forms at the below link.