The number of items in your shopping list has exceeded the maximum limit. Please remove some items, or create a new shopping list.
Oops. This product is only available in a minimum quantity of or more units
Roll over image to zoom in

Clorox Pool & Spa Shock Xtra Blue

Item is no longer available.
Product Description

Easy open, easy pour bottles. With algae killing crystals. 6 in 1 Formula: Kills and controls green, black and mustard algae. Kills bacteria. Clears cloudy water and removes swimmer contaminants (body oils, sweat, lotions & urine). Reduces chlorine odor. Improves filter performance. Won't impact pH. Easy 1 2 3 Pool Care brand system. Shock 6 pack. Easy open. Easy pour. Resealable lid. No scissors needed! These shock bottles are recyclable.

Preparation Instructions

Directions for Use: It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. Read entire label and use strictly in accordance with precautionary statements and directions. Tested and balanced water prior to use. Adjust pH to 7.2-7.6 and free chlorine to 1-4 ppm. Visit for free water analysis and personalized product and dosage recommendations. Dosage: When/How to Use: 1 lb per 12,000 Gal: To Shock Water Clear and Destroy Organic Contaminants (Body Oils, Sweat, Lotions & Urine): Broadcast in pool's deepest area with filter and pump on. Run filter and pump for 4-8 hrs. Do not pre-dissolve, do not add through skimmer or feeder, and do not mix with other chemicals (a violent reaction may result). Re-Entry: Wait at least 15 minutes after product application before entering pool (Test chlorine level prior to re-entry. Re-entry into treated swimming pools is prohibited above levels of 4 PPM chlorine due to risk of bodily injury). Enter when chlorine level is 1-4 ppm. For Best Results: Shock pool weekly and also after heavy use, high temperatures, or rain. Use at night to prevent sunlight degradation. To Kill Algae: 1. Brush pool surfaces while filter and pump are operating. 2. Add in areas of heaviest algae growth, operate filter and pump for 24 hrs. 3. Repeat brushing. Product can be re-applied after 72 hrs if necessary. 4. Enter when chlorine level is 1-4 ppm (Test chlorine level prior to re-entry. Re-entry into treated swimming pools is prohibited above levels of 4 PPM chlorine due to risk of bodily injury). 1 lb Per 6,000 Gal: To Close Pool: Broadcast in pool's deepest area with filter and pump on. Apply an algaecide per clothing directions after this product. Visit for complete closing instructions. Storage and Disposal: Keep this product dry in original tightly closed container when not in use. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from heat or open flame. If product becomes damp, discard following instructions for contamination under physical or chemical hazards. Container Disposal: Non-refillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container. Offer for recycling, if available. Triple rinse container (or equivalent) promptly after emptying.

Ingredients Active Ingredients: Sodium Dichloro-S-Triazinetrione (63.05%), Copper (Metallic) (Derived from Copper Citrate) (0.26%). Other Ingredients: (36.69%). Total Ingredients: (100.00%).

Safety Warning
Keep out of reach of children. Danger: Do not mix with any other product. See back panel for first aid and additional precautionary statements. Precautionary Statements: Hazards to Humans and Domestic Animals: Danger: Corrosive: Causes skin burns. May be fatal if inhaled or swallowed. Causes irreversible eye damage. Harmful if absorbed through skin. Do not breathe dust or fumes. Irritating to nose and throat. Do not get in eyes, on skin or on clothing. Prolonged or frequently repeated skin contact may cause allergic reactions in some individuals. Wear safety glasses or goggles and use rubber gloves. For additional protection of skin, wear long sleeves and long pants. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling product and before eating, drinking or using tobacco. Remove contaminated clothing and wash clothing before reuse. First Aid: If in Eyes: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice. If on Skin or Clothing: Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice. If Inhaled: Move person to fresh air. If person is not breathing, call 911 or an ambulance, then give artificial respiration, preferably mouth-to-mouth, if possible. Call poison control center or doctor for treatment advice. If Swallowed: Call poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by the poison control center or doctor. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Have the product container or label with you when calling a Poison Control Center or doctor, or going for treatment. In case of medical emergency, call 1-877-800-5553. Note to Physician: Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage. Physical or Chemical Hazards: Contains oxidizing agents. Do not mix with other chemicals or any other substance. Do not pre-dissolve or add water to this product. Always apply directly into the pool. Contamination of this product with small amounts of water or other substances may start a chemical reaction and generate heat, hazardous gas, possible fire and explosion. In case of contamination or decomposition, do not reseal container. Isolate container in open air or well-ventilated area. Flood container and area with large volumes of water. In case of spills, scoop up and place product in pool water, then flood spilled area with large volumes of water. Environmental Hazards: This pesticide is toxic to fish and aquatic invertebrates and may contaminate water through runoff. Other than uses permitted by this label, do not apply directly to water. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment washwaters or rinsate. Note: User assumes all responsibility for use not in accordance with directions.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more or different information than that shown on our website. You should not rely solely on the information presented here. Always read labels, warnings and directions before using or consuming a product. View full Product Information Disclaimer


Tell us what you think!
Tell us what you think!
Be the first to write a review!
Wondering what to say?
  • Include usage tips, key benefits, and helpful suggestions.
  • Did you have a good or bad experience?
  • Would you recommend this to friends or family?
  • Be respectful to others.
{{review.commentTitle}} {{review.timestampFormatted}}
by {{review.sender.screenName}} {{review.sender.screenName ? review.sender.screenName : 'Anonymous'}}
Was this review helpful to you? Yes {{review.posVotes}} No {{review.negVotes}} Flag
Customer Relations