Item added to "My List"
You are now leaving In-Store. Your In-Store order will be waiting for you when you're ready to check out.
You are now leaving Ship-to-Home. Your Ship-to-Home order will be waiting for you when you're ready to check out.
You are now leaving Curbside & Delivery. Your Curbside or Delivery order will be waiting for you when you’re ready to check out.
To check for doneness, insert a meat thermometer
into the thickest part of the thigh, not touching bone.
1. Heat oven to 325 ºF.
2. Remove neck and giblets from the neck and body cavity. Rinse whole bird with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Rub inside cavity and outside of turkey lightly with salt.
3. Place turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Brush skin with cooking oil and season. Cover top of turkey with foil, leaving an air space between turkey and foil.
4. Roast about 20 minutes per pound if 8 to 10 pounds or 14 to 16 minutes per pound for larger turkeys (see chart). Remove foil from turkey during last hour of roasting time.
5. To check for doneness, insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh, not touching bone, or use a quick-read meat thermometer toward the end of the cooking time.
6. Remove from oven when meat thermometer reads 170 ºF in the thigh, or when turkey drumsticks move easily in their sockets and juices from the thigh run clear. If the turkey is stuffed, make sure stuffing reaches 165 ºF.
7. Let stand 20 minutes before carving.
*Add 15 to 30 minutes to these times when roasting a stuffed turkey.
How to Make a Turkey and Brie Sandwich
Watch this video to see how easy it is to make roasted pear butter at home for a delicious turkey and brie sandwich.
How to Make Bourbon Smoked Turkey
Watch how to brine and smoke a turkey Texas style--Bourbon Smoked Turkey.
How to Deep Fry a Turkey
Chef Charlotte shows us how to deep fry a turkey Texas style--Honey Chipotle Deep Fried Turkey.
How to Prepare a Turkey
Learn how to cook turkey using bastings, marinades or brine. Plus, find turkey recipes and cooking tips from H-E-B.
How to Carve a Turkey
H-E-B Chef Brent demonstrates the best way to carve and plate a turkey. Watch this step by step video and get a recipe for jalapeno cranberry relish to serve with your turkey.
How to Brick Grill a Turkey
H-E-B Chef Scott demonstrates how to brick grill a turkey.
How to Make a Beer Can Turkey
H-E-B Chef Charlotte demonstrates cooking a beer can turkey on a backyard grill.
How to Make a Turkey Roulade
Chef Charlotte from H-E-B shows us how to create a simple Poblano Turkey Roulade recipe.
Sign up to receive exclusive email-only savings and information.
Now you can browse your store, find coupons, and fill your cart with a click for curbside pickup or home delivery. Log in or register to get started!
Introducing a better, faster way to shop online with H-E-B. Sign up or log in with your existing H-E-B account to start shopping and saving.