Fear no more. Try these handy problem-solving tips to make your cooking experience a success.
1. Too sweet: Add a little vinegar or lemon juice.
2. Too salty: Add a little sugar and vinegar. For soups, add a raw potato.
3. Sticky rice: Rinse with warm water.
4. Lumpy gravy or sauce: Use a blender, food processor, or simply strain.
5. Soup, sauce, gravy too thin: Dissolve 1 tablespoon cornstarch in 1/4 cup water and add while boiling and stirring. Repeat if necessary.
6. Hands smell like garlic or onion: Rinse hands under cold water while rubbing them with a large stainless steel spoon.
7. Hard brown sugar: Place in paper bag and microwave for a few seconds.
8. Really hard brown sugar: Place chunks in food processor.
9. Out of honey: Substitute 1 1/4 cups sugar dissolved in 1 cup water.
10. No tomato juice: Combine 1/2 cup ketchup in 1/2 cup water.
10 Steps to a Healthier Family
H-E-B has 10 tips for a healthier family. Eating a balanced diet with fiber, water, dairy and lean meats in addition to regular screenings and exercise can help your family live a healthier life.
How to Grill the Perfect Steak
Learn how to cook the prefect steak and find cooking tips from H-E-B.
Guide to Dry Heat Cooking Methods
Learn how to cook meat with dry heat and find cooking tips from H-E-B.
How to Carve Ham
Learn how to carve ham with 3 easy steps and find cooking tips from H-E-B.
How to Roast a Turkey
Learn how to roast the perfect turkey and find cooking tips from H-E-B.
Marinade and Spice Rub tips
Learn how to cook using spice rubs with useful ingredients and find cooking tips from H-E-B
How to Braise and Stew Meat
Learn how to braise and stew meat with moist heat and find cooking tips from H-E-B.
How to Prepare a Turkey
Learn how to cook turkey using bastings, marinades or brine. Plus, find turkey recipes and cooking tips from H-E-B.
Sign up to receive exclusive email-only savings and information.