Developed using evidence-based research, Calma is designed exclusively for breastmilk feeding. Used with a breastmilk bottle that emulates babies’ natural feeding behavior at the breast, supporting easy transition from bottle to breast.
Calma is more than a conventional bottle nipple; it’s designed to support breastmilk feeding, allowing breastmilk to flow when babies create a vacuum so they can feed, pause and breathe—which mimics their breastfeeding behavior. As a result, Calma’s unique vacuum technology allows mothers to provide pumped breastmilk to their babies, and easily transition babies back to feeding at the breast, so you and baby can enjoy the breastfeeding bond longer.
The feeding system is available with a 5-oz bottle or (2) 8-oz bottles, allowing you to accommodate larger feedings throughout the breastfeeding journey, while using the same nipple.
Features and Benefits
• Vented nipple helps avoid gassiness as the bottle is vented through a unique air control system.
• Mimics natural feeding behavior: research has shown that with Calma, your baby is able to maintain the learned feeding behavior exhibited when breastfeeding.
• Flow control valve: allows baby to control milk flow. Milk only flows when baby creates a vacuum.
• One size/shape nipple: for all stages of breastmilk feeding. The flow, shape and length of Calma are designed to suit your baby's needs as your baby grows.
• Compatible with all Medela breastmilk bottles
• Made without BPA
Includes: (1) all-stage nipple; (1) 5 oz/150 mL bottle; (1) cap; (2) lids
Sign up to receive exclusive email-only savings and information.