How does your H-E-B help? We strive to provide easy gluten-free shopping with:
- Expanded gluten-free sets in over 90 stores
- Hundreds of gluten-free items in our H-E-B brands
H-E-B®, Hill Country Fare®, H-E-Buddy® and Central
Market® available at most stores.
- Look for the "gluten free" shelf-tags throughout the store.
View Gluten-free items at H-E-B (PDF)
Gluten Free in our H-E-B Brands
There is not currently a regulated definition for gluten free in the United States. For our
H-E-B brand items that we have identified as gluten free, we use a definition similar to what the FDA is currently proposing for the
national "gluten-free" claim standard. Our definition was developed in conjunction with our local celiac support group.
What's our definition?
- H-E-B Gluten free standards mean that the product contains no wheat, barley, rye, triticale, or any triticum species such as spelt or kamut.
- Residual gluten level is below 20 parts per million (PPM).
Please note that the absence of this icon does not necessarily mean that the item contains gluten. This icon is being added to our packaging over time.