| || |
The H-E-B Excellence in Education Awards celebrate public school professionals whose leadership and dedication inspire a love of learning in students of all backgrounds and abilities.
With more than $800,000 in cash prizes awarded annually to deserving teachers, principals, school districts and early childhood facilities, the H-E-B Excellence in Education Awards is the largest monetary recognition program for educators in Texas and one of the largest in the nation.
Meet the 2014 Award Winners|
Meet the 2013 Award Winners
Meet the 2012 Award Winners
Teaching Award Categories
- Rising Star Award: Less than 10 years of classroom experience. One elementary and one secondary teacher will each receive a $5,000 cash prize plus a $5,000 grant for his/her school.
- Leadership Award: 10 to 20 years of classroom experience. One elementary and one secondary teacher will each receive a $10,000 cash prize plus a $10,000 grant for his/her school.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: More than 20 years of classroom experience. One elementary and one secondary teacher will each receive a $25,000 cash prize plus a $25,000 grant for his/her school.
- 30 regional finalists will be awarded $1,000 each plus $1,000 for their schools.
Principal Award Categories
- One elementary school and one secondary school principal will each receive a $10,000 cash prize plus a $25,000 grant for each of their schools.
- A total of 10 regional finalists will be awarded $1,000 each plus $2,500 for their schools.
District Award Categories
- One large school district (4A and 5A) will receive $100,000 and one small school district (1A, 2A, and 3A) will receive $50,000.
- Five regional large district finalists will be awarded $5,000 each and three regional small district finalists will be awarded $2,500 each.
Early Childhood Award
The H-E-B Excellence in Education Early Childhood Award is designed to support public or private schools that focus on the care and education of children under the age of five. The purpose of the award is to offer support to help create or enhance Kinder Readiness programs that prepare children to enter Kindergarten socially and academically ready to learn. The 5 regional finalists will each be presented with a check for $5,000 to apply towards the enhancement of existing Kinder Readiness activities or creating new programs for the target population. The overall state winner will be announced and awarded an additional $25,000 grant to apply towards enhancing existing Kinder Readiness programs or creating a new program for the target population.
NEW AWARD! School Board Award
This honor is designed to recognize a school board that has demonstrated real leadership in the community that it serves. School board finalists will receive $5,000 in the form of a grant to the school district they serve. One school board could be chosen as a statewide winner and receive $25,000 in the form of a grant to the school district they serve.
Healthy Campus Grant
The Healthy Campus Grant program is teaming up with IT'S TIME TEXAS and their Growing Healthy Schools program! The ultimate goal of this partnership is to further enhance the impact the grant funds have on the health of the chosen schools.
Visit itstimetexas.org/heb-healthy-campus for more details on how this will affect the application and selection processes.