| || |
The H-E-B Excellence in Education Awards celebrate public school professionals whose leadership and dedication inspire a love of learning in students of all backgrounds and abilities.
With more than $800,000 in cash prizes awarded annually to deserving teachers, principals, school districts and early childhood facilities and school boards, the H-E-B Excellence in Education Awards is the largest monetary recognition program for educators in Texas and one of the largest in the nation.
Meet the 2014 Award Winners|
Meet the 2013 Award Winners
Meet the 2012 Award Winners
Teaching Award Categories
- Rising Star Award: Less than 10 years of classroom experience. One elementary and one secondary teacher will each receive a $5,000 cash prize plus a $5,000 grant for his/her school.
- Leadership Award: 10 to 20 years of classroom experience. One elementary and one secondary teacher will each receive a $10,000 cash prize plus a $10,000 grant for his/her school.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: More than 20 years of classroom experience. One elementary and one secondary teacher will each receive a $25,000 cash prize plus a $25,000 grant for his/her school.
- 30 regional finalists will be awarded $1,000 each plus $1,000 for their schools.
Nominate a Teacher
Apply as a Teacher
Principal Award Categories
- One elementary school and one secondary school principal will each receive a $10,000 cash prize plus a $25,000 grant for each of their schools.
- A total of 10 regional finalists will be awarded $1,000 each plus $2,500 for their schools.
Nominate a Principal
Apply as a Principal
District Award Categories
- One large school district (5A and 6A) will receive $100,000 and one small school district (1A, 2A, 3A and 4A) will receive $50,000.
- Five regional large district finalists will be awarded $5,000 each and three regional small district finalists will be awarded $2,500 each.
Nominate a School District
Apply as a School District
Early Childhood Award
The H-E-B Excellence in Education Early Childhood Award is designed to support public or private schools that focus on the care and education of children under the age of five. The purpose of the award is to offer support to help create or enhance Kinder Readiness programs that prepare children to enter Kindergarten socially and academically ready to learn. The 5 regional finalists will each be presented with a check for $5,000 to apply towards the enhancement of existing Kinder Readiness activities or creating new programs for the target population. The overall state winner will be announced and awarded an additional $25,000 grant to apply towards enhancing existing Kinder Readiness programs or creating a new program for the target population.
Nominate an Early Childhood Facility
Apply as a Early Childhood Facility
School Board/Leadership Award
This honor is designed to recognize school boards that have demonstrated real leadership in the community that they serve. Five school boards will be recognized and each will receive $5,000 in the form of a grant to the school district they serve. Additionally, one or more school boards may receive a special judges award totaling up to $25,000 that will be announced during a recognition dinner.
Nominate a School Board
Apply as a School Board