Enjoy the appetizing taste of Lobster from the H-E-B Seafood Department. Choose from a variety of options: coldwater lobster tails, live lobster and cooked whole lobster. Plus recipes and helpful tips for cooking and eating this delicious delicacy.
Coldwater Lobster Tails
- Harvested in the clean, cold waters off New England and the maritime provinces of Canada.
- Our premium North Atlantic lobster tails are renowned for their sweet, tender meat.
- Lobster tails can be baked, stuffed, broiled, grilled or steamed.
Cooked Whole Lobster
- Pulled from our live system and steamed fresh daily.
- Ready to eat chilled or steam for an additional 2 minutes to eat hot.
- A live lobster that has been cooked can lose approximately 20% of its weight through both moisture and weight loss.
||Ask the H-E-B Seafood Department to perfectly cook a live lobster for you!
- Known as American or Maine Lobster, inhabit the Atlantic waters from New England to Canada.
- Our live hard shell lobsters come trucked direct to Texas, in their natural seawater, giving us a strong, healthy lobster of the highest quality.
- Boil or steam one pound of lobster 8-10 minutes.
- Cook an additional 2 minutes for each additional 1/4 pound of lobster.
- Add sea salt to water for taste.
How to eat lobster
To enjoy the luscious taste of lobster, you have to do a bit of work. It's a bit messy, but worth the effort.