H-E-B offers a variety of stuffed fish, including catfish, flounder, halibut, salmon,
steelhead trout, and tilapia. The stuffing is a mouth-watering combination of real blue crab
meat, shrimp, Monterey jack cheese, breadcrumbs, egg yolks, oil of lemon, rice, seasonings, and
Stuffed fish is elegant and delicious, plus so easy to prepare. Just place the fish in the
oven and bake 18 to 20 minutes. While the fish cooks, toss a salad, and heat your favorite
dinner rolls. Dinner is ready in less than 20 minutes, with very little cleanup, and quite
Oven method (preferred)
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Place oven rack in upper one-third of oven.
- Spray a baking sheet or shallow baking dish with non-stick cooking spray or cover pan with
- Place stuffed fish on sheet pan in a single layer; don't crowd fish in pan.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, uncovered, or until fish is done.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat - build fire or heat gas grill on one side only. Place
grill grate 4 to 6 inches from heat source. Grill temperature should be medium-high.
- Place stuffed fish on a piece of heavy-duty foil on grill grate over cool side of grill;
- Cook fish 15 minutes or until done.