Materials Found At Your H-E-B
Jumbo, medium or small eggs|
Bag of marshmallows
Orange construction paper
Black permanent marker|
Black construction paper
How To Make It
1. Boil the eggs and let cool.
2. With the marker, carefully draw a big oval shape on the whole front of each egg. Color everything outside of the oval black.
3. Cut and fold small triangular pieces of orange construction paper into a beak. Make slightly bigger cut outs for feet.
4. Glue the beak and feet to appropriate places on the penguin-colored eggs; hold until dry and stable.
5. Use the marker to draw eyes on your PenEGGuins or use googly eyes if available.
6. Cut 2 paddle-like pieces of black construction paper to form wings.
7. Glue wings near the top of eggs, where black/white border meets, near upper curvature on both sides. Hold until dry and stable.
8. Rest PenEGGuins on a plate of marshmallows to portray an icy climate.
- The smaller eggs are for baby PenEGGuins—these are optional.
- Get creative with different color markers for eyes. Draw lashes and eyebrows to enhance the PenEGGuins' personalities.
- Surround plate of marshmallows with bigger platter of water to really accentuate arctic effect.