- Pick a route to walk for five minutes and try to include at least one flight of stairs.
- Deliver documents or messages by hand rather than by email or telephone.
- Set up your workspace with movement in mind:
- Sit on an exercise ball instead of a chair. This will strengthen your abs and back and better your posture.
- Make it a goal to stand during conference calls.
- Tighten your abs while standing and contract your leg muscles while sitting.
- Get a headset for your phone so you can walk while you talk.
- Buy small hand weights, resistance tubing, and a stretching mat.
- If you stand a lot in your role, don't sit to rest. Instead do push-ups, side and hip stretches, and crunches.
- Create an exercise class with your co-workers—all you need is a little open space and some music to help get you going
- Organize one walking meeting per week with your co-workers.
- Set up a Team Challenge—create a competition to see what team in your work area can be the most consistent with 150 minutes of exercise per week.