H-E-B Donation Policies and Guidelines
- 1. All donation requests must be submitted through our on-line application system.
- 2. Organizations must have a valid non-profit status.
- 3. Requests need to be received a minimum of 8 weeks before events, programs,
activities, initiatives or projects begin.
- 4. Donation requests must include all the information requested on the application.
- 5. All organizations must re-apply for funds every year within our 8 week policy to
be considered for funding - even if we have a long history of funding the
- 6. When an organization requests an in-kind donation, such as one of our trucks,
the same eight week policy rule applies.
- 7. If a store receives a request that they are not able to provide funds for, they will
send the organization to the on-line application site.
- 8. If an organization submits a request less than eight weeks in advance, it is not
likely that they will receive funding.
- 9. Organizations may not ask more than one H-E-B facility for a donation for a
particular event (for example, sending a request to multiple H-E-B stores).
- 10. Funding approvals will be given to the non-profit through a written or verbal
What does H-E-B like to support?
The H-E-B Community Investment Program donates to non-profit organizations that operate within the immediate H-E-B marketing area. H-E-B favors making donations for activities, programs, projects, initiatives and events that make a visible and positive impact in the communities that we serve.
H-E-B may contribute cash, gift cards, product (in-kind donations) or volunteers depending on the need to organizations whose requests are approved. Causes we like to fund include:
- Education and Literacy
- Hunger Relief
- Health Initiatives
- Social Services
- Environmental Programs
- Disaster Relief
- The Arts
What is not funded through the H-E-B Donation System?
The following are events that H-E-B prefers not to sponsor:
- Operating Expenses
- School trips
- Sporting events
- Team Sponsorships
More Questions? See our online application Frequently Asked Questions. Or you can contact your local Public Affairs Office.