1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT CHANGE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Contest period begins 1/2/2013. Contest period ends and all entries must be received by 4/2/2013.
2. Eligibility. Contest open to all legal residents of Texas who are students enrolled in a public, private, or parochial school (school must be accredited by Texas Education Agency or Texas Private School Accreditation Commission) who will be or is enrolled in any of grades K-8 during the 2012-2013 academic year and no more than 14 years old on the first day of that school year or who are home-schooled and were at least 5 years old and no more than 14 years old on September 1, 2012. Students enrolled in grades K-5, or home-schooled entrants who were age 5 to 10 as of September 1, 2012 shall be categorized in the ELEMENTARY DIVISION; students enrolled in grades 6-8, or home-schooled entrants who were age 11 to 13 as of September 1, 2012, shall be categorized in the MIDDLE SCHOOL DIVISION. Employees and principals (and members of their immediate families or households) of HEB Grocery Company, LP ("H-E-B" or "Sponsor"), its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, and prize suppliers are not eligible to win.
3. How to enter. Obtain an Official Application Form, Release & Entry Instructions at participating H-E-B stores while supplies last or by downloading and printing from www.heb.com/oats. Follow the instructions on the Form to create your box design, and mail both your design and the completed Application Form to the following address, based on your age division (see paragraph 2 for cutoffs):
All entries must be received by 4/2/2013. No professional, mechanically- or electronically-reproduced entries permitted. Sponsor not responsible for lost, stolen, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, damaged, late, or postage-due entries. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
4. Entry requirements. Limit one entry per contestant. To be eligible, all entries (i) must be the original work of the contestant, not to include any photography or clip art, (ii) must not have been previously published or copyrighted by the contestant or any third party, (iii) must not have been submitted or been awarded a prize in any other contest or competition; (iv) must not contain any content that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, in breach of rules/policies or the entrant's school, or otherwise inappropriate for reproduction as set forth herein; and (v) must not contain any content that infringes on the intellectual property or privacy rights of a third party. Application, including required releases and consents to reproduction of the submitted artwork without further compensation, must be completed to be eligible and signed by a parent or legal guardian. Sponsor reserves the right to modify any winning design for production, printing, or aesthetic reasons as it deems appropriate in its sole discretion.
5. Judging. All submissions will be judged by a panel(s) of H-E-B Employees or by independent judges selected by Sponsor. The decision of the judges will be final as to all qualified submissions and judges may employ such evaluation criteria as they deem appropriate in their sole discretion, including but not limited to originality, personality, and overall appearance. Any submission that the Sponsor determines in its sole discretion to contain any copyrighted/trademarked content or to otherwise violate the Official Rules may be subject to disqualification in the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
6. Winners. The judges will select one (1) Grand Prize Winner and three (3) Honorable Mention Winners in each of two divisions: the Honey Nut Toasted Oats/Elementary School Division (for contestants enrolled in grades K-5 during the 2012-2013 academic year), and the Toasted Oats/Middle School Division (for contestants enrolled in grades 6-8). Winners will be determined on or about 4/30/2013 in San Antonio, Texas and will be notified by mail and/or telephone. Winners may be required to complete additional documents, including an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release, within fourteen (14) days of notification or their submission may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected.
7. Prizes. Two (2) Grand Prizes (1 per division): A year's supply of Toasted Oats cereal (awarded in the form of 52 coupons for a free box of cereal). (ARV: $103.) Six (6) Honorable Mention Prizes (3 per division): A $100 H-E-B Gift Card. Prizes are non-transferable, non-substitutable, and may not be redeemed for cash. Winner responsible for all expenses not described herein, including taxes on prizes. Gift Card prizes are subject to applicable terms and conditions and may not be used for the purchase of alcohol or tobacco.
8. Use of winning entries. All prize-winning entries will be will be posted online at www.heb.com/oats. Grand Prize winning entries or derivations thereof may, at H-E-B's sole option, be adapted for reproduction on H-E-B Toasted Oats product packaging. H-E-B does not guarantee that the winning entries will be utilized for product packaging. H E B reserves the right to use and/or disseminate prize-winning entries in advertising, news releases, and traditional or online media.
9. Prizes for Grand Prize Winner's School or Educational Non-Profit Organization. If the Grand Prize Winner is enrolled in an eligible accredited school, that school may be offered (i) an H-E-B Cereal Breakfast Party for teachers and students, including cereal and T-shirts featuring the Winner's design for students and teachers in attendance, subject to scheduling and availability, and (ii) a donation of $5,000 in cash to the school or to a nonprofit organization affiliated with the school selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If the Grand Prize Winner is not enrolled in an eligible accredited school, (i) the winner will receive an H E B Cereal Breakfast Party for the winner and up to 20 guests, and (ii) a donation of $5,000 cash will be made to a nonprofit organization related to primary or secondary education selected by Sponsor, Sponsor reserves sole discretion to approve and select donation recipient. School and/or donation recipient will be responsible for all expenses not described herein, including tax consequences of accepting prizes. Schools and/or recipient may decline prize or any part of prize. Should applicable schools or recipients decline all or part of prize, the declined portion of prize will not be awarded and winner will not be entitled to any additional prize or compensation. Winner may not take a tax deduction for H-E-B's donation and H-E-B will not provide a tax basis for the school donation. Approximate retail value of breakfast party depends on number of attendees. Winner receives no cash value from any school prize.
10. Other. If any winner notification is returned as undeliverable, or if after the number of telephone attempts deemed reasonable by Sponsor in its sole discretion, contact between Sponsor and winner is not made, winner's prize will be forfeit and an alternate will be selected. Contest void where prohibited and subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Entry and acceptance of prize constitutes agreement to be bound by the Official Rules, permission to use entrant's name, likeness, and entered artwork for advertising and promotion without further compensation, and a release of Sponsor and its affiliates, directors, officers, shareholders, employees, agents and promotional agencies, from any and all claims or liability arising out of participation in contest or acceptance or use of prize. Invalidity of any provision of the Official Rules shall not affect any other portion thereof. Chances of selection as a winner depend on decisions of judges and number of eligible entries received. Invalidity of any provision of the Official Rules shall not affect any other portion thereof. Sponsor reserves the right to, without notice, change Official Rules, cancel or modify promotional publications of any or all entered artwork or cancel contest without notice. The Sponsor retains the right to refuse reproduce artwork that is obscene, defamatory, or inappropriate.
11. Winner List. To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: H E B Toasted Oats Box Design Contest Winner's List, Attn: H-E-B Own Brand Manager, 646 S. Main Avenue, San Antonio, TX 78204. A list of winners will be available no sooner than 5/14/2013.
12. Sponsor. HEB Grocery Company, LP, San Antonio, Texas.