NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY AND PARTICIPATION IN THE STATE OF TEXAS ONLY, AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS AND THE UNITED STATES. INTERNET ACCESS AND TWITTER ACCOUNT REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE.
1. ELIGIBILITY. To enter the My H-E-B Gift Card Giveaway (the "Sweepstakes"), you must (a) be a lawful permanent resident of the State of Texas; (b) at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry, and (c) have an active Twitter account and Internet access. Free Internet access and Twitter accounts are available at many public libraries. This Sweepstakes is void outside the State of Texas and where prohibited by law. This Sweepstakes and any website pages and advertisements relating thereto are intended for viewing only within the State of Texas. Employees, officers, directors and agents of HEB Grocery Company, LP ("Sponsor") and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, retailers, and advertising or promotion agencies and vendors involved in this Sweepstakes (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members of all such persons, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. Twitter.com is not affiliated with this Sweepstakes in any way and is not responsible for the administration of the Sweepstakes or the awarding of the prize. No endorsement or approval of Sweepstakes by Twitter is expressed or implied.
2. HOW TO ENTER. The Sweepstakes begins at 1:00:00 p.m. Central Time ("CT") on November 7, 2011, and ends at 11:59:59 a.m. CT on November 8, 2011 ("Sweepstakes Period"). To enter, go to www.twitter.com/heb and sign up to "Follow" @heb ("H-E-B Twitter Feed") on Twitter.com and answer the contest question correctly. There will be one (2) countdown tweets that will run the duration of the Sweepstakes period. You must sign up and answer the contest question in a tweet, which also includes an @ reply (@HEB) by 12:59:59 a.m. CT on November 8, 2011. Answering the contest question and @replying to HEB (@HEB) will equal one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit (1) entry per person/Twitter address. Entries must be manually key-stroked; use of script, macro automated entry devices or programs to enter or subvert the entry process is prohibited, and all such entries will be void. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt. Sponsor's computer is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes. All entries, upon submission, become the property of Sponsor, and will not be acknowledged or returned. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, delayed, undelivered, garbled, or inaccurate entries, all of which will be void.
3. PRIZE (1 available). One Grand Prize winners will receive a $20 H-E-B Gift Card. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of Grand Prize is $20. No substitution or transfer of prize (or portion thereof) will be permitted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) for one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Gift card prizes are subject to applicable terms and conditions, including dormancy fees, and may not be used by the winner for the purchase of alcohol or tobacco.
4. SWEEPSTAKES DRAWING: ONE GRAND PRIZE WINNER will be selected in a random drawing on or about November 8, 2011 at or around 1:00 p.m. CT from among all eligible entries received for the entire Sweepstakes Period. Drawing will be conducted in San Antonio, Texas by Sponsor, whose decisions will be final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION. Potential Grand Prize winners will be notified via a direct message to his/her Twitter account and asked to respond with a direct message to Sponsor containing his/her name, address, telephone number, and date of birth. Potential winner must respond by 12:00 p.m. CT on November 9, 2011. If a winner does not respond by the deadline above; he/she is found to be ineligible; he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules; and/or if his/her prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected at random from the remaining entries. Alternate potential winners must respond within the time stated in the direct message (at least two hours will be given to respond). Potential winners will be required to sign, notarize and return an affidavit of eligibility and mutually acceptable liability release and publicity release (where permitted by law) within one (1) day after notice is sent, or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate winner will be selected. Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with the receipt of the prize. Any unclaimed prize will be forfeited to Sponsor.
6. SWEEPSTAKES CONDITIONS. This Sweepstakes is subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations (collectively "Rules and Laws"). Except where prohibited by law, winner's acceptance of prize constitutes permission of such entrant for Sponsor and its designees to use, without notice, permission or further compensation, worldwide, and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, including, without limitation, on the Sponsor website, winner's first name, last name, city and state, photograph, likeness, voice, and/or likeness for purposes of advertising, trade, promotion and publicity. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; and all associated entries will be void. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY'S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, AND TO NOTIFY LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES WHO MAY PURSUE CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof), or if the administration, integrity, fairness, proper play and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, technical difficulties or any event or cause (each a "Force Majeure" event), Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes without notice or further obligation. In the event Sweepstakes is cancelled, the Sponsor reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to award the prize from among all non-suspect eligible entries up to the time of such Force Majeure event.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. By participating, entrants agree to (i) abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes and (ii) to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective directors, officers, members, employees, agents and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") against any and all claims and liability, including injuries, losses or damage of any kind, including death, to persons, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, use, misuse or redemption of prize or participation in this Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware or software, or telephone problems or malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network server, Internet service provider, cable, satellite website, or other connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, lost, stolen, misdirected, mutilated, undelivered jumbled, scrambled, garbled or delayed entries; or other electronic communications; or for any errors, problems or malfunctions of any kind whether caused by computer, network, technical, mechanical, printing, typographical, seeding or human error, or otherwise, relating to or in connection with this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors, problems or malfunctions which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes.
9. WINNER'S LIST. To obtain the winner's list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by December 1, 2011 to:
My H-E-B Gift Card Giveaway, ATTN: Digital Marketing, 646 South Main Avenue, San Antonio, Texas 78204.
10. SPONSOR: HEB Grocery Company, LP, 646 South Main Avenue, San Antonio, TX 78204.
Twitter and Twitter.com are the trademarks and service marks of Twitter Inc.