" or "us
Other information collected about you from other parts of our business, such as information collected by our pharmacy operations, may be regulated differently and subject to different privacy practices. For example, please refer to H-E-B Health Care Services Notice of Privacy Practice
and to H-E-B Nutrition Services Notice of Privacy Practices
Personal Information We May Collect
" is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person, which may include, for example:
How We May Collect Personal Information
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit and debit card number (such as for online purchases)
- Social Security number or tax identification number (such as for online employment applications)
We and our service providers may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
How We May Use Personal Information
- Through the Services: We may collect Personal Information through the Services, e.g., when you register, sign up for a newsletter, participate in a promotion or event, or make a purchase.
We may use Personal Information:
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters or announcements.
- To send administrative information to you, such as information regarding the Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To complete and fulfill your purchase, including to process your payments, have your order delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase, and provide you with related customer service.
- To present you with coupons and other offers.
- To send you information and marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions, as well as store or community events, and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read such rules carefully.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality.
- To allow you to send messages to a friend through the Services. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend's name and email address.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis; audits; fraud monitoring and prevention; developing new products; enhancing, improving, or modifying our products and services; identifying usage trends; determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns; and operating and expanding our business activities.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
Other Information We May Collect
- To our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- To third party businesses offering goods and services via the Services. We work closely with third party businesses to offer products and services to you. In some cases, these businesses may sell offerings to you via the Services.
- To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Services.
- To joint marketing partners for you to participate in joint marketing promotions.
- By you, when you post a review or when you post on message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs, or other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users of the Services and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose any information on such services.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- To subsidiary and affiliated entities that we control, that control us, or that are under common control with us.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Any additional disclosures for which you provide consent.
" is any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as:
How We May Collect Other Information
- Browser and device information
- App usage data
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you
We and our third party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
How We May Use and Disclose Other Information
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services (such as the app) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Through your use of our apps: When you download and use our apps, we and our service providers may track and collect app usage data, such as the date and time the app on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the app based on your device number.
We also use Adobe Site Catalyst to provide analytics, in order to help us measure the use of the Services, as well as to provide personalization services. To opt out of the use of Adobe cookies for these purposes, please visit http://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with the Services to, among other things, track the actions of users (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about use and response rates.
- Using Adobe Flash technology (including Flash Local Shared Objects ("Flash LSOs")) and other similar technologies: We may use Flash LSOs and other technologies to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of the Services. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions (which may include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to as "information" on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer without your being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with the Services.
- IP Address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet service provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications, and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as identifying your general location, calculating usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Services.
- Physical Location: We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or WiFi signals. We may use your device's physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. We may also share your device's physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device's location, but if you do, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
- From you: Information such as your preferred means of communication, shopping list or dietary preferences is collected when you voluntarily provide it. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you.
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information.
In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, use, and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISERS
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites, based on information relating to your access to and use of the Services. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags). If you would like to learn more about this practice, including your choices with respect to it, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
We seek to use reasonable physical, technical, and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the "Contacting Us
" section below.
PROTECTION OF SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS
When we collect Social Security numbers in the course of our business, it is our policy to use reasonable physical, technical, and administrative measures designed to protect the confidentiality of such numbers, prohibit their unlawful use or disclosure, and limit access to them. When disposed of, this information is shredded, destroyed, erased, or otherwise sought to be made unreadable.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding our use of your Personal Information
We give you choices regarding our use of your Personal Information for certain communications purposes. You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of certain features within the Services. You may opt-out from:
- Receiving emails from us: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out by clicking on this link or following the instructions contained in any such message.
- Receiving text messages from us: If you no longer want to receive text messages from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out by following the instructions at this link or following the instructions contained in any such message.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt-out.
How you request modification or removal of your Personal Information
If you would like to modify or request removal of the Personal Information that you have provided to us, you
may manage your profile
or contact us
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have modified or removed,
or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of it. For your protection, we may
only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email
address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing
your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that
we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions
that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion. There may also be residual information that will
remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
USE OF THE SERVICES BY MINORS
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these
individuals not provide Personal Information through the Services.
The Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country, or territory other than that of the United States.
Attention: Privacy Office
P.O. Box 101047
San Antonio, TX 78201-9047
You may also reach us by telephone at:
San Antonio, Texas 1-210-938-4923
Outside of San Antonio 1-866-432-4318
San Antonio, Texas 1-210-938-8357
Outside of San Antonio 1-800-432-3113
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your emails to us.
Last Revision Date: March 16, 2015